You have decluttered the house, packed all your stuff, loaded all the cardboard boxes into the moving van, and finally, let out a sigh of relief, thinking one part of your house moving has come to an end. However, a thorough wipe down of the place is inevitable, especially when the security deposit is on the line.
Do I Need To Clean Everything Before Moving Out?
Moving to a new place is an overwhelming process. In between packing, planning, and finishing the paperwork, cleaning the old place is often shovelled down the list. However, move-out cleaning can be beneficial for both parties. Not to forget, realtors demand homeowners carry out a certain level of cleaning.
Since most people usually have no idea what is included in a move out cleaning, we have prepared a concise move out cleaning checklist to help you during the cleaning stage. The checklist will make sure you clear all the right spots and places. With the help of the list, you can avoid re-cleaning and get your complete deposit money.
Clean The Bedrooms First!
With the house being empty from top to bottom, move-out cleaning will end sooner than you expected. Whether you are cleaning a single room or a two-story home, it’s best to go from room to room to cover every inch.
Things that need cleaning in bedrooms include doing the following:
- Dust all the surfaces.
- Clean the marks on the wall.
- Clean the exterior and interior surfaces of the closets.
- Clean the mirrors.
- Clean the windowsill and window tracks.
- Wipe out the doors, doorknobs, and door frames.
- Vacuum the hard floors and clean them with a damp mop.
- Empty all the trash cans.
- Dust light fixtures and ceiling fans.
Next, It’s Time to Clean the Bathrooms
Once you are done with the bedrooms, next on your move out cleaning agenda is he bathrooms. A sparkling bathroom is what most realtors demand before handing out the deposit money. An empty bathroom containing no linens and personal stuff is easier to clean and wipe.
Tip: If the nooks and corners of the bathrooms have stains and require you to allow the products to sit for some time, make sure to clean that particular area first. Apply the solvent to these areas and let the chemicals do their magic.
The bathroom cleaning checklist includes the following:
- Clean and sanitize showers, bathtubs, and glass doors.
- Clean the sink area.
- Wash, clean, and sanitize the toilets from the inside out.
- Clean the mirrors and cabinets.
- Wipe the dust from all the shelves, countertops, and other surfaces.
- Remove and clean all the marks on the walls.
- Wipe out the doorknobs, switches, and door frames.
- Wash and vacuum the floors.
- Empty the garbage can.
- Clean interior glass and baseboards
Cleaning Checklist for Kitchen
The kitchen is the most difficult part of the move-out cleaning. If the home is decades old, you might have to bear foul smells and tough, stubborn stains. For difficult stains, it is recommended to apply cleaning solvents and let them sit for a while. This will not only save your time but will also make cleaning effective.
The checklist for kitchen cleaning includes the following tasks;
- Clean the interior and exterior surfaces of all the appliances.
- Wipe out the pre-existing appliances (If any).
- Clean the interior and exterior of all the cabinets.
- Wash the sinks and get the plumbing issues fixed.
- Wash and vacuum the floor.
- Clean the doors, windows, and walls.
Finally, Clean the Living Area
Hallways, entryways, stairs, and living rooms need proper cleaning before moving out. Pay special attention to walls and floors that were previously covered with furniture.
The cleaning checklist for the living area includes the following tasks:
- Clean the mirrors.
- Vacuum the carpets and rugs.
- Dust and wipe the baseboards.
- Broom the hard surfaces and clean them with a damp mop.
- Clean the marks on the walls.
Want to hire moving out cleaning services?
There you have it, the ultimate move out cleaning checklist. Follow these tips and tricks and get your deposit money back quickly. Want to leave the hectic job of move out cleaning? For the most thorough and affordable move out cleaning, contact GreenCity Services for the best move out cleaning service at 519-513-4445 and get your free quote today!